When it comes to IT, things can quickly get a bit technical.
You want to enquire about installing a new computer system for your business and, before you know it, you’re being bamboozled by acronyms left and right.
SSL. FTP. HTTPS. GDPR. PCI.
The list goes on and on.
It’s enough to give anyone a headache – and it’s one of the core reasons that Get Support IT Services exists. We are, first and foremost, an IT support company providing IT consultancy, support, and software or hardware solutions to businesses across the UK. But it’s the way we deliver our services that we think makes the difference.
Our plain English approach means that don’t need to worry about being overwhelmed by technical jargon. We’ll always focus on the solutions first and how they can help your business, then go into detail should you require it.
But there’s far more to Get Support than our straightforward service. So, whether you’re here for the first time or simply need a refresher, let’s take a whistle-stop tour of Get Support – starting, quite fittingly, at the start.
Where it all began
Get Support IT Services, Ltd. (to give us our full name) was originally born over 20 years ago, in the year 2000. The world had narrowly avoided the catastrophe of the Millennium Bug, and our founder, James Craddock, saw an opportunity in the growing IT sector.
The internet was still in its infancy and cat videos were half a decade away, but the writing was on the wall: the world of business was going digital.
Commencing trading simply as “Get Support”, James took the first steps on a journey which would lead to what is now Get Support IT Services Ltd. with an expert team of over 18 people across three different locations: Oxford, Reading, and London.
The Get Support mission statement
Like any business, the services we offer at Get Support have grown and evolved as the company has done the same – from consultancy, to support, to hardware and software deployment – and beyond.
But, even with all of this growth, our mission statement has never changed.
Set in stone for over 20 years, since the very early days of the Get Support journey, our mission statement is a set of guiding principles we use to ensure every customer receives the very best from our team. And it’s as relevant today as it ever was:
- To provide support in plain English without technical jargon.
- To deliver the products and services our customers need to succeed.
- To achieve 100% customer satisfaction, 100% of the time.
- To always respond rapidly.
- To provide a friendly service (with a smile where possible).
- To offer a wide array of solutions to optimise our customers time and money.
- To become our customers’ very own IT department.
How do we do it? Well, we believe it’s the combination of our expert team of IT specialists (who know more about IT than most of us have forgotten) plus our obsession with straightforward customer service.
Put the two together and you’ve got a pretty compelling recipe.
That’s Get Support in a nutshell.
Our core services
At this point, you’re probably thinking, ‘Well, they sound like a lovely bunch of people… but what can they really do for my business?’
What an excellent question.
While we like to tailor our service to the specific needs of each of our customers, we do have a core set of services which define our business. And here they are:
- Microsoft Office 365. As a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, we can set up, manage, support, and bill the entire Microsoft 365 suite. Available in various flavours (which you can read about here), Microsoft 365 features cloud-based office apps, email, Microsoft Teams, and much more.
- Hardware and software solutions. Our team will develop a custom-made plan for your business to deploy hardware or software IT solutions (or both). From laptops to desktops – and everything in between.
- Managed Cloud Hosting. With our very own infrastructure built right here in the UK, your business can enjoy lightning-fast access to a variety of cloud services including Microsoft Windows Server and Private Exchange / SharePoint installations.
- Offsite Backup. Our backup solutions can help you keep your business-critical data protected in case the worst happens. Because sometimes, bad things just happen. IT security is more important than ever, so our backup and security solutions are here to keep your business safe.
- Internet Services (Broadband / VoIP). In a world that’s more digital than ever before, having high-speed – and secure – internet access is essential for all businesses. Working with our sister company, Public Internet, we can deliver a variety of business-class web and voice solutions.
All of our services are available to any UK businesses, large or small. We can deploy solutions for just a handful of users all the way up to a couple of hundred. And, of course, we can help out the single-person operations, too. (After all, that’s how we began our journey, too.)
Not only that, but our terms are totally flexible – meaning you can easily plan financially and enjoy full IT support coverage at the same time. Need to pay as you go? No problem. Or prefer a more iron-clad agreement with a predefined Service Level Agreement? We’re on board for that, too. Even better, our billing is totally transparent and agreed ahead of time, meaning you’ll never wake up to an unexpected invoice in your email inbox.
It’s all part of the straightforward service we deliver daily at Get Support.
6 reasons to choose Get Support
We like to think that Get Support sets itself apart from the competition with our no-nonsense, plain English approach to IT service delivery.
But we would say that, wouldn’t we?
Luckily, there are plenty more reasons to choose Get Support as your business IT service provider – and here are 6 of the best.
- No long-term support contracts. We know it’s no fun to be stuck in a contract you can’t get out of without jumping through hoops. That’s why we don’t use them. How’s that for straightforward?
- We deliver our services on-site or remotely. Whether you’re looking for a virtual IT department or some help with your in-house infrastructure, our team is flexible enough to do either.
- Server monitoring at no extra cost. Much as you may want to, it’s hard to find the time to keep an eye on your servers and the business-critical data they hold. Don’t worry, because, when you work with Get Support, we’ll do it for you – on the house.
- A friendly and approachable IT team. We know it can be intimidating to ask technical questions of IT experts, even when it affects your business directly, but we welcome any questions with a friendly ear – and we’ll always answer in plain English.
- Support for Apple and Microsoft. We’re not here to take sides, so we’ll happily supply your business with either Apple or Windows machines – and offer comprehensive support packages for both.
- No unexpected bills. Running a business is tough enough without invoices appearing in your inbox without warning. At Get Support, we’ll work with you to arrange a payment schedule that works best for you and your business.
There’s lots more to love about Get Support – including the option to enjoy our enterprise-class IT services from the comfort of home – so be sure to explore our website to learn more about what we have to offer.
Say hello to the Get Support team today
We hope you enjoyed this quick primer on the who, what, where, and why of Get Support.
We’ve definitely covered a lot in this guide, but, of course, there’s plenty more that we left out. Whether you want to dig into our services a little deeper, or find out exactly how our IT support packages work on a day-to-day basis, we’re here to help.
So, to ask a question about Get Support IT Services – or just to say hello – you can reach out to our friendly team anytime by calling 01865 59 4000 or getting in touch via our website.
We’ll answer in plain English – and that’s a promise.