Junior IT Support Technician | Oxford
Job Title: Junior IT Support Technician
Location : Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: Subject to experience and qualifications
To apply please fill in the form at the bottom of the page
Get Support IT Services is the perfect partner for the UK’s small and medium-sized businesses, providing every aspect of computer hardware and software support and a great deal more. They now require a customer-focused IT Support Technician to join their team. The majority of work will be office based.
Location of work: Work will be based at the office in Summertown, Oxford with some site calls to customer in Oxford and around the UK
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am -6pm
To provide first class customer service and support to customers.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE JUNIOR SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
IT Support (remote and on-site)
- Problem investigation
- Problem diagnosis
- Solution implementation
- Documentation of actions and findings
- Communication with customer throughout process
- Escalation of problem where appropriate
- Set up of user accounts
- Proactive support – on-going maintenance and monitoring of systems in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Preparation of equipment and services in line with work specification and appropriate deadlines
- Implementation of hardware and services through onsite or remote work
- On going documentation and updating of records regarding supported networks.
You will have demonstrable customer service experience, technical support experience and will have held a previous client facing/desk side role position.
A fast learner with the ability to follow processes and procedures, you will be able to prioritise and manage several open cases at the same time.
Essential to your success
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manor
- This is a customer focused role
- A passion for IT and technology
- Good problems solving skills
- A basic knowledge of PC hardware with experience of diagnosing problems
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Server OS is an advantage)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
Advantageous to your success in providing 1st and 2nd Line IT Support:
- Experience with MS Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012 or Small Business Server product series
- Advanced experience with MS Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
- Basic Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013 installation and operating
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange server 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013
- Full UK driving licence
To apply please email your cv to email@example.com